Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We are in Dallas, Texas!

So just a quick blurb to let you all know we made it safe and sound to Dallas, Texas. We are sitting in Cisco's and I hotel room with 5 other volunteers. The other volunteers and us all ended up in a van together from the airport to the hotel and none of their rooms are ready so we invited them up and now ours if full of luggage and people and it is great. Travelling went pretty well except Cisco and I got seperated in the airport and had to page each other repeatedly until a person came to find me and take me to him. More on that later:) Well I need to go be social and get to know the other future Belizeans. Love you all we'll try to keep in touch.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Sylvia Riggan said...

Aaahh. Airports. My Mom used to work for Piedmont (you may be old enough to remember them ;-) so we flew for free. Well when I was about 8 I got on a plane to Norfolk, Va and apparently no one communicated to my Dad that I was coming home. (they probably did, and he forgot!) Anyway, I got stuck there for over an hour while my Dad was informed I was there. That was my first thought when I read your post. Stupid parents. Good times!!

 
At March 29, 2010 at 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Airports are hell if you lose the person you're with. Once when I was 16, I lost my dad for three hours in the Amsterdam airport (airport city, which explains its size). Suffice it to say, we eventually reunited after a kind gypsy led me to them :) Glad to hear things are going well. Played soccer in Mebane with your group and had a blast. Be safe and knwo that we all miss you here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home