Friday, April 30, 2010

Trying to Keep Up

So this past week or so has been a rollercoaster ride. Not only the ups and downs, but also it's like the previous weeks were standing in line waiting for something to happen, and I also know once we reach our final site (May 12, the day after my birthday!), everything will come to a screeching halt and we'll be walking bow-legged wondering what in the world just happened.

So right now I'm in Belmopan. It's Friday and Fridays during training entail returning to the capital city for training with the rest of our 38-member group. Yesterday I gave my Trainee Facilitated Session (TFS), a 45-minute workshop on a topic to my technical trainer, language trainer, and the three other trainees in Succotz. Tomorrow we return to Belmopan for the national Agriculture Show, then head back to Succotz for my Teaching of Trainers (TOT) with the youth group I've been working with during training. Sunday we have a Community Service Event, i.e. a trash pick up, that will end with some time in the river. Tuesday I have a Spanish presentation. So basically I'm in for tons of fun.

In the meantime, though, I can't help but think of everyone at home. Mostly I just try to flow along with whatever is happening here, but now that I'm typing this for you, I am forced to think about just what, or more importantly who, I am missing. I'm not even sure I've really admitted it until now; I really miss home. I wouldn't change what we're doing for the world, but man it's tough being away--even for a month.

*Sniff* So that should just be more motivation for you to continue commenting on the blog, shooting us e-mails, and sending us packages in the mail. Thanks for the love and support.

Peace,
Cisco

P.S. Remember about how sand-flies ate my feet? Now it's mosquitoes. And something bit me and made my foot swell like a melon. I cannot wait to have a mosquito net. Oh, and another random thought. There is like a singular cat in our town with fifty dogs roaming the street. Well this morning at 4, said cat ran through our gate and into our yard with a pack of about 8 dogs behind it. Then our dog, tiny T-Rex, pulled off his chain and chased the cat through the yard. The barking lasted at least 20 minutes. Suffice it to say, this day began very early. Don't you wish you were here?

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff. I almost cried for you Cisco! Have you received all the things you previously requested? If not, what do you still need? Perhaps, some mosquito repellant? More anti-itch medicine? Hang in there - things will get easier. We love you and miss you. Kim, Mike, Anna Paige and Ginger

 
At May 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Alicia said...

love you guys. can't wait to tell you all about mexico and the family! it was soooo wonderful. can NOT wait to go back with yall after your pc adventure. i'll send yall an email later this week after i get situated back at work. love and miss yall.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 5:52 AM , Anonymous Marsha said...

Sniff! Care packages are on the way....help for the tender-skinned PCVs! Sounds like your feet are the major target. I never knew there was anything special about your feet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home