Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Month!

For those who may not be inhabiting planet earth, June 11th began a little competition called the World Cup. If you haven't watched any of it, I highly recommend that you break the seal and enjoy what is truly the beautiful game. Thus far, there has been heartbreak, controversy, and plenty of excitement. With the group stage entering its last round of fixtures, there should be no shortage of teams playing like their lives depend on it.

In any event, after watching at least a part of some 20 games in the past 10 days, my life has been quasi-consumed by futbol. But believe it or not, there are plenty of hours in the day between and after games for me to do work and enjoy the beauty of Belize. It's a good thing, too, as the countdown to my first summer camp begins. I have two weeks left to put the finishing touches on lesson plans and gather all the necessary materials. Thankfully I've been fairly productive lately, and I also have help from some other PCVs, so this shouldn't prove a daunting task. My biggest concern now is what to do about my "o" and "u" keys on my computer. As I type, I've noticed that about every other time I use either letter, it is immediately followed by at least one "i". If this keeps up, this blog entry may be quite quickly ended.

Actually, as I write, I'm finding that Kathryn's last entry was pretty much spot-on. There just are not a lot of "interesting" things happening recently. With our jobs taking a decent amount of time, my preoccupation with the World Cup, and our developing a routine, things have been coasting at a pretty even-keel. In fact, since my first picture post was so well-received, I'll show you what has caused the most excitement in the past few days.

Before:


and after:



So far, the most common comment is that I look 10 years younger. Hold old do I look, then? Fifteen? Or did I look older than I am? Or have I still not passed looking like I'm twelve? Let me know what you think.

Alright, I'll try to make sure I do something exciting before I write in the blog next, I promise. Til then!

Peace,

Cisco

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a difference! Well, I'd say you do look younger, but probably not more than about 21 or so. I know that may be an annoyance now, Cisco, but you'll be happy about it when you are in your 40s and 50s! Kim

 
At July 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous Doris said...

Hey Kate & cisco. I miss u guys and need your address! Post it for me:) enjoy!!!! Xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home